Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ICE-T vs SOULJA BOY PART 2



It was really interesting to hear what Nikki had to say about this whole feud. Her point was that Ice-T should NOT talk down a 17-year old who worked his way to fame with a club smash hit. "Eat a dick" is inappropriate on EVERY level, especially coming from a 50 year old man.

We respect Ice-T, but his comments were disgraceful; targeting a kid young enough to be his kid or maybe grand kid.

That's exactly what I see wrong with the whole thing. There are lots of kids in the hood trying to make their way like SOulja Boy did, and he has to get some PROPS whether you like his music or not.

I don't listen to his music, but his story reminds me of the song "Hip Hop Saved My Life." He used hip-hop to express himself, and get a better life for him and his family.

So I'm all about the lyrics, but I'll never diss Soulja Boy or any of the "non-lyrical" people. Word.

0 comments: